CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Back to it!

I can't believe it's been over a month since she came to Knitsburgh. Time really goes too fast sometimes.
Life with two wee is double everything. Love, fun, diapers. All of it. The good and the not so good. So any type of time I find in the day to make something is the biggest triumph in the whole of Knitsburgh. At first it seemed impossible. But then every once in a while I find an hour where there is simultaneous sleeping occurring. Both wee napping at the same time. This is crafting magic. Crafting goldmine. This is the stuff of crafting legend and lore. The elusive crafting Loch Ness Craftster.

Now this doesn't happen every day so one has to plan out things a bit better so when this serendipitous event occurs, one can actually craft. I have taken the advice of the wise Affectionit, who manages to knit sweaters, socks and other lovely things as well as sew quilts (yes, plural, quilts as in more than one a year), veganize French cooking on her other blog as well as fix things about her estate in very creative ways. She has talked about how she crafts in 15 minute increments. Thinking this way has greatly helped get me back to making things again. I don't say, oh I want to sit down and sew an entire something tonight. I break it down and plan to first choose the fabric, iron it and cut it out. Then it's ready to sew when I have more time.

Here are some of the little things I've made of late...



Wee socks for Wee Too...



Elvin hat for Wee Too...from Last Minute Knitted Gifts



Earrings for Kay for Mother's Day...




Wallet or makeup pouch for Kay for Mother's Day--tutorial here by Noodlehead.

They may not be the most elaborate crafts, but the fact that I could finish them has thrilled me.

Besides crafting during odd free moments, we've just been busy spending as much time outside between the raindrops, savoring the sunny moments.


Here is a sneak peak of my newest crafting in progress. A big ole bunch of homemade bias tape. What will Ms. Knitsburgh do with all of this bias tape, you might ask?
A few more of those Simultaneous Sleeps and you shall see!

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

Wow! That's a lot of crafting! Beautiful new babe!

Heather said...

Oh, she is lovely. Glad to see that you are all adjusting and thriving!