CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 08, 2010

A shout out to the mamas...

With proper Knitsburgh pomp and fanfare, I present to you the (da da da DAH!)...

All-Handmade Mother's Day Giftage!


A brag book (details here), earrings and flower corsage pin.

Earring close-up.

Flower corsage (tutorial here).


Back pocket...

...with surprise!
Herbed wheat bread from scratch.

The best part for me was I was able to make everything from things I had around the house, except for one purchase. I bought some pin backs at the local national crafty chain store and used a 40% off coupon, so the big pack of them only came to $1.92. I now am the proud owner of 59 pin backs so if you need any, let me know...
The earrings were made because last week, I took Kay out to the local mall with the Wee One for some shopping and lunch. She was looking for some pale yellow earrings to match a new shirt she had acquired. We did not find them; only two stores in and something went awry. Her oxygen tank ran out! So we had to head back home with nary a pair of earrings and settled for a drive-thru window for lunch.
The corsage pin, I'm not sure she will so much love to wear but I do know the picture inside will make her happy! The changes I made from the tutorial are as follows:
-used polyester felt instead of wool (because as a vegan I don't have wool felt nor shall I ever)
-sewed everything instead of gluing everything (again, so it is more vegan-friendly)
-for the center of the flower I made a bunch of French knots instead of gluing the pinking-sheared strip of felt inside.
The bread isn't really a Mother's Day gift, just bread for eating everyday. One loaf is in the freezer and the other is almost gone, loafin' around the kitchen. (I know, I'm just too much).
Happy Mother's Day to all the Mamas. Mamas of the babies, whether they are human babies or animal babies. Or even plants. Mamas just nourish life and I bet you are doing that even if you don't think about it. Yay mamas!

2 comments:

VeganCraftastic said...

That flower pin is gorgeous!!!

affectioknit said...

I absolutely love that pin!

Happy Mother's Day!