CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Nummy Nummy Num!

When I lived in Colorado, there was the greatest ever fast-food deli chain called Schlotzsky's. They have the best bread and they toast their sammiches and I have gotten to be craving them. I made my own vegan version of their veggie sammich today.



I used some ciabatta bread cause I couldn't find any good vegan sourdough bread here. You need something with those pockets of air, like spongey-ness for this sammich. I put the bottoms under the broiler after I sprinked some shredded "cheddar" style vegan cheese. I then added sliced olives, onions, cukes, a tomato slice and some lettuce, topped it with some vegan ranch dressing and presto! Veganized Schlotzsky's! I served it up with the pickles and chips, of course.
PS--Sock #2 was born last night--yay!
PPS--I was told by someone that today is my day, and they are right!!
PPPS--Happy Esbat!

1 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

The sandwich does look yummy!